Develop your intercultural competence and get to know Japanese business culture better!
In the global business environment, understanding and dealing with cultural differences is crucial for the success of interpersonal communication. Experience shows that ignoring a multitude of small but subtle differences in business practice often strains the nerves and budgets of even experienced foreign entrepreneurs.
Immerse yourself in the mindset of your Japanese business partners. Japan still exerts a mystical attraction to visitors and business travellers. The language and writing, the layout of the cities and the landscape, as well as the manners are noticeably different and foreign; the likelihood of behaving confidently and correctly is therefore rather low in the initial phase of the business relationship. Increase your effectiveness and appearance in the Japanese environment with sound knowledge of the country and its people and optimise your cooperation with Japanese regions, teams and business partners.
Our training addresses the intangible and subtle differences between people from different cultures. Afterwards, you will be optimally prepared to enter into conflict-free and successful business relationships with Japanese business partners and learn to appreciate the value of cultural differences.
- values and norms of Japanese society
- social and business etiquette
- communication between intercultural parties
- Japanese culture in a business context, sources of conflict and tension as well as solutions and the successful management of business contacts
- expectation management of the two intercultural parties
- recognising and understanding intercultural barriers and using them as an opportunity.
- reflecting on one’s own perceptions and comparing them with intercultural perceptions, as well as exploring and breaking down stereotypes
- deepening knowledge and understanding of Japanese manners and business culture
- optimising communication with Japanese colleagues, employees and business partners
Our training helps you to
- interact with people who are culturally diverse (openness)
- ask questions of other cultures (curiosity)
- describe own cultural rules and biases (self-awareness)
- differentiate complex worldview frameworks (cultural worldview frameworks)
- discuss differences in forms of communication (verbal and non-verbal communication)
- recognize the feelings of diverse cultural groups (empathy)
Who is this workshop for?
This workshop is for anyone willing to improve their intercultural competence and be sensitised to understanding their target groups in an international, global business setting.
- Language German, English
- Certificate yes
- Formats 9