Learn to take the heat off in critical situations.
The skill of de-escalating requires careful customer and team communication, paired with a healthy sense of urgency and importance. The choice of the communication channel, the sense of right timing, the controlled increase of business pressure and the corresponding formulations are at the core of our workshop which aims at delivery and solutions, not damage or blame. Escalation interventions are aimed at solving issues and resolving bottleneck situations before productivity is hampered and morale is affected. In this workshop, you will dive deep into the dynamics of escalation, and learn how to boil the situation down again.
- the price to pay of escalations
- long-term benefits of successful de-escalation
- identifying the motifs, emotional and communication needs of your conversational partner
- communication techniques for effective mitigation
- reshaping and deepening business relationships after the de-escalation
- emotional self-regulation
- using the appropriate body language, tone and formulations to de-escalate the situation
The workshop will walk you through the evolution of escalation, conversational patterns and techniques for conflict resolution; as well as rules for effective escalation and de-escalation management.
At the end of this workshop you will learn how to:
- be aware of conflict triggers – both your own and others’
- effectively use defusing techniques
- recognise the dynamics of escalation and de-escalation
- deal with negative behaviour without taking it personally
- truly listen and empathize with the other party to resolve conflict situations
- create and maintain a social/ conversational framework in these high-tension interactions
Who is this workshop for?
This workshop is for:
- All professionals who strive to reach the next level of professionalism in their career by reflecting and further enhancing their competences
- Employees at entry level who wish to gain a wide variety of professional skills (basic)